Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 55th Birthday, Disneyland!


On Easter Sunday, Tweedle K and I spent the day in Downtown Disney (Anaheim) with some of our friends to go shopping, get caramel kettle corn (YUM!), eat dinner, and watch a movie - side note: we watched "How to Train Your Dragon" and it is so good! We highly recommend it and totally agree that the previews did not sell it well in case that's what you were thinking since that's what we thought that too.


Anyway, one of the things I got were these playing cards from Downtown Disney's primary Disney shop, World of Disney!
They came in this really cute vintage designed box



All of the numbered cards were really standard but the face cards of course had to have characters...




(Left): Donald as the Jack              

(Right): Minnie and Daisy as the Queen(s) - I really think only Minnie should be the Queen but I guess if you include Donald, you have to include Daisy too...



(Left): Mickey as the King, just as he should be :)

(Right): Tinkerbell and the Castle (and Dumbo - random, right?) on the Ace

I know these aren't the cutest things on the block, but they're pretty darn cute, right?  Maybe it's just me but I love collecting specialty playing cards.  And who even knew it was Disneyland's 55th birthday?!  I mean, I know it's not as big of a deal as the 50th birthday, but if you're going to come out with 55th birthday merchandise and memorabilia, then you can at least mention it once or twice since it obviously means something.

In any case, Happy 55th Birthday, Disneyland!!  I hope to see you soon :)

- Tweedle D

No comments:

Post a Comment